Work With Us
Upshot General Application
We're always looking to speak with great candidates who are interested in future opportunities at Upshot. So please submit your resume and be sure to let us know your area of expertise (Creative, Account Management, Digital, Media, Production, Planning, Administrative). If you're a great fit, you'll be hearing from us.Apply Here
Upshot is looking to hire an Account Supervisor who will lead all customer-specific activities for one of our key clients, serving as the face of the agency during conceptions, creative communications design development, sell in, execution and analysis.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of consumer and shopper marketing landscapes and the client's own industry to develop new business opportunities and potential revenue streams within existing client.
- Partner with Planning team members to develop category, channel, customer and competitive brand marketplace insights, identify most value consumer targets, communication strategy, innovation opportunities, promotion program objectives, strategies and tactical recommendations for programs, leveraging key consumer and shopper insights that drive purchase behavior change.
- Demonstrate leadership to internal team members in order to ensure all deliverables are on strategy and meet client expectations
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Marketing/Brand Management
- 3-5 years of experience in the role of leader or manager in agency, brand management, or media production.
- 6+ years of experience in agency, consumer product, brand management, or media experience preferred
- Superior task management, interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills
- Persuasive presentation and strategic selling skills.
The Project Manager manages all tasks associated with the coordination, execution and delivery of digital and print projects. This includes planning, direction and coordination of all activities of assigned project(s) to ensure they delivered on time and on budget.
- Drive all aspects of project management including: scope, timelines, budget, available resources, communication, requirements, and risks.
- Lead client teams through ongoing execution of digital marketing campaigns and retail design (window display) projects.
- Ensure on time, on budget, delivery of services that achieve results and client satisfication.
- Translate client's business objectives into executable project plans for internal teams.
- Create visibility and transparency (one of our core values) into the progress of the project for client stakeholders.
- Use lessons learned from previous projects to instill a culture of continuous improvement.
- Project Manage across external resources and vendors.
- Provide organization, presentation skills and pre-sale support to Sales and Marketing teams for prospective clients.
- Provide reporting to Account Managers and clients on progress and results, escalating issues when necessary.
- Comfortable navigating through ambiguity to create clarity for clients and internal project teams.
- Provide tangible leadership on projects, being the hub of knowledge for the team when needed.
- Comfortable influencing people, anticipating and resolving issues, keeping an eye on the big picture
- Comfortable taking the reins across large cross-functional teams, uniting them under a common cause.
- Maintains calm and control in the eyes of chaos.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- 2-3 years in digital, shopper or print project management experience in an agency or consulting environment
- Client management and presentation experience
- Mac literate, in the applications of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project and Project Server) and database management software
Account Supervisor - Shopper
Upshot is looking to hire an Account Supervisor who will lead shopper marketing initiatives for a key CPG client.The Account Supervisor will be responsible for the following:
- Leading shopper marketing initiatives across brands for a key CPG client
- Developing customer programs with key retailers on behalf of the brands
- Understanding of how to drive category growth at key retailers beyond just the brand; lead multi-branding scale initiatives
- Activating the shopper journey and some understanding of shopper specific media tools
- 5-8 years of experience in the role of leader or manager in agency, brand management, or media production
- 5+ years of experience in agency, consumer product, brand management, or media experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant work experience
- Superior task management, interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills
- Persuasive presentation and strategic selling skills
You're an experienced Contract Recruiter in an advertising or marketing agency. And you're as good at recognizing great creative talent as you are at identifying smart, strategic account people at all levels. It's also important you'd be a great brand ambassador for the agency and treat all candidates the way you'd like to be treated. Plus, if you'd like more autonomy than you currently have and would like to be part of an agency environment that's consistently named to Chicago's top workplaces, then this could be the ideal position for you.Apply Here
You know all the ins and outs of proofreading. You've got experience with everything from print ads to websites to brochures. And you won't let a thing like a tiny point size while proofing legal fine print get in the way of perfection. We're looking for a proofreader to help with surge projects on-site in our Chicago office, during business hours. Is this you? Then, we'd love to hear from you. Because if you're good at what you do, you could become one of our go-to freelancers.Apply Here
We are seeking a diverse, passionate, dynamic and visionary creative leader for our Better For You client cluster. This group of clients includes premium brands focused on a healthy living and "better for you" mindset.
The Creative Director will be responsible for leading a broad and diverse range of creative work, including:
Brand development and stewardship. Brand strategies, communication pillars, brand assets, brand voice and tone, creative principles and guardrails
Seamless brand activation. Creative strategies, big ideas, campaigns, and platforms focused primarily on digital, social and in-store, but could also include PR, experiential, print, OOH, broadcast
Retailer specific shopper marketing activations. Creative strategies, big ideas, campaigns, and platforms brought to life with a retailer via digital, social and in store
Social media. Creative strategies, communication pillars, content development
B-to-B communications. Creative strategies, selling stories, selling tool (i.e. sales materials, presentations, video content)
Managing the creative process and the multi disciplinary creative team, as well as enrolling and collaborating with agency experts in digital, social, retail and in store design, strategic planning and production to deliver seamless work.
Partnering with senior leaders of the broader team to set the vision for the client and brands, including delivering exceptional creative and building strong client relationships.
The Creative Director must demonstrate the following:
- 8-10 years agency and brand experience
- Experience in brand building and ownership
- 360 brand ideation and activations
- Knowledge of shopper focused creative principals and best practices
- Problem solving and creative thinking abilities
- Presentation communication and design skills
- Establishing and communicating creative POV
- Inspiring, leading, and developing teams
- Ability to leading and influence client thinking
- A portfolio of elevated, premium design aesthetic
- Grasp of creative and design trends
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Understanding of premium brands and brand experiences
- Understanding of the "healthy living" and "better for you" mindset
Print Production Manager
You've got a 5+ years of agency print production and project management experience in and are ready to take the next step up in your career. And if the idea of working for a growing agency that's consistently named to Chicago's top workplaces appeals to you, then this could be your next stop. Especially if you're great with timelines, working with vendors like printers and premium houses, managing costs, partnering with account and creative teams, and are a stickler for detail in every step of the process. Oh, and if you're easy to work with and good natured even while dealing with tight timelines, then we'd really like to talk to you.Apply Here