Work With Us
Upshot General Application
We're always looking to speak with great candidates who are interested in future opportunities at Upshot. So please submit your resume and be sure to let us know your area of expertise (Creative, Account Management, Digital, Media, Production, Planning, Administrative). If you're a great fit, you'll be hearing from us.Apply Here
Sr. Retail Designer
SENIOR RETAIL DESIGNER
You've got a background in retail or experiential design with a pedigree that includes architecture or interior design along with graphic design. You're also well versed in retail elements (windows, fixturing, point-of-purchase materials etc.). Have designed event or pop-up spaces. Are proficient in Sketchup (knowing Podium and other 3D programs is a plus), AutoCad and the Adobe Creative Suite. And are as comfortable with concepting as you are execution. You're also intrigued by working at an agency that's consistently among Chicago's top workplaces, would love to collaborate with other retail designers, and are excited about the prospect of designing environments for clients like New Balance, Scott's Miracle Gro, Corona, Fresh Market and more. If that sounds like you and your portfolio is full of great samples, then we'd love to see them.
QUESTION: Please provide a link to your portfolio and tell us which sample or case history that you're most proud of.Apply Here
If you've got solid CPG experience in the food category especially with branding, brand activation, and shopper marketing, then we have got a great opportunity for you as part of a close knit team. Especially if you're a seasoned pro at managing multiple client relationships juggling a variety of assignments and terrific at selling in smart, strategic programs. It also helps if you're well versed in the nuances of consumer promotion, print, digital and social (and a nice to have for the team would be someone with experience in the drug channel). This truly is a wonderful opportunity for someone who is an experienced Account Supervisor on the verge of becoming an Account Director. And if the idea of working for an agency that's consistently amongst Chicago's top workplaces appeals to you, then we'd love to hear from you.Apply Here
Account Manager (Shopper)Upshot is looking for an Account Manager to support a major retail relationship for a CPG client portfolio of brands.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build trust and rapport with key client stakeholders in a Sales Team office focused on a major retail account. With time, you will become a subject matter expert in this retailer's marketing strategies and marketing priorities.
- Interact with client's sales force in client's office Chicago north suburbs and understand their business priorities, key promotional calendar dates, and the overall state of the business for each of client's brands (for both OTC and Beauty).
- With the assistance of the Account Director, provide counsel to the Sales organization in terms of effectively planning, executing and measuring marketing campaigns.
- Organize and update trackers and status documents. Attention to detail and organization as well as juggling multiple priorities are a must.
- Kick off executional programs with Chicago creative team, ensure timelines are met. Manage budgets as necessary and keep strong financial records of client's budget.
- 4-year college degree
- 2-3 years Shopper Marketing Experience (drug channel highly preferred)
- Onsite 2 days a week at Chicago north suburbs headquarters.
Account Director (Shopper)
If you've got solid CPG experience working within the drug retail channel, especially with branding, brand activation, and shopper marketing, then we have got a great opportunity for you as part of a close knit team. Especially if you're a seasoned pro at managing multiple client relationships juggling a variety of assignments and terrific at selling in smart, strategic programs. It also helps if you're well versed in the nuances of consumer promotion, print, digital and social. This truly is a wonderful opportunity for someone who is an experienced Account Supervisor on the verge of becoming an Account Director. And if the idea of working for an agency that's consistently amongst Chicago's top workplaces appeals to you, then we'd love to hear from you.Apply Here
You've been at your first agency gig for a couple of years now and you're ready for your next big thing. So far, you've helped build brands with great work, won some awards, done everything from digital to print to point of purchase, and mastered Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. And if the idea of bringing those skills to a great agency while working on world class brands appeals to you, then we'd love to see your portfolio.Apply Here
User Experience Lead
The User Experience (UX) Lead is a client-facing role and a critical part of the Digital practice at Upshot. Partnering with Planners, Strategists, Creatives and client stakeholders, the UX Lead is responsible for driving user-centered design thinking across marketing opportunities, including but not limited to large-scaled websites and mapping the journey to purchase. Part Strategist, part Designer, the UX Lead drives discovery and creates innovative, yet executable concepts that address users' needs as well as broader marketing and business objectives for the agency's clients.
- Partner with and consult senior clients to gather requirements, help to define their business/marketing problems. Advise stakeholders during ideation and solutioning project phases.
- Collaborate with multidiscipline teams including planners, strategists, visual designers, technologists, and writers to create and implement solutions that enhance usability, accessibility, and pleasure of the client's marketing presence.
- Design research plans, lead qualitative and quantitative research, including focus groups and user testing and analysis. Collect data/findings and develop insights to support ideation and concept creation.
- Conduct stakeholder interviews; lead persona development; create journey maps, user scenarios, and wireframes; optimize and architect content
- Create prototypes to test, demonstrate, and communicate the validity and potential success of a solution.
- At least of 5 years' experience in a UX Strategy, Design, or related role in an agency or consulting environment.
- Previous experience leading UX Design and/or Strategy for large-scale consumer-facing (B2C) & business-to-business (B2B) websites, with responsibility for research, wireframes, design, testing and optimization.
- A portfolio that includes wireframes, user flows, customer journey mapping, functional specifications, etc. that demonstrate design problem solving skills that translate business problems and requirements into compelling consumer experiences.
- Proven ability to uncover and translate fresh insights into impactful large-scale digital design solutions that address marketing and/or business problems. <
- Demonstrated ability presenting in client meetings and strategy sessions.
- Expert knowledge of UX tools including Adobe CC, Axure, InVision, Sketch.
- A Bachelor's degree in Human-Computer Interaction or related field is required; a Master's degree is a plus.
Sr. Media Associate
The Senior Media Associate role encompasses expertise across media plan development, ad operations, trafficking, campaign reporting and billing. An understanding of the general media space, channels, partners and how those can help fulfill the needs of a clients' objectives is key to growth, along with an attention to detail to execute the media plan flawlessly and analyze a campaign's success. If the idea of bringing those skills to a great agency while working on world class brands appeals to you, then we'd love to hear from you!Apply Here
Media Manager (Shopper Marketing)
You've got 3 to 5 years of media experience in shopper marketing and a proven track record in developing and executing successful digital shopper programs. More specifically, you've got expertise in media plan development, ad operations, trafficking and campaign reporting. We're also hoping you're the type of person who can infuse new digital thinking into our CPG and shopper accounts across various retail channels. You'd be joining an agency that's a leader in shopper marketing and that's consistently named as one of Chicago's top workplaces. So, if you're a stickler for detail, can think strategically and want to partner with some of the best account and creative people in the business, then we'd love to hear from you.Apply Here
Senior Marketing Manager
Do you have 5-7 years of marketing experience in a professional services firm? Ideally at an advertising, marketing, design or PR agency. We're looking for a senior manager to help build Upshot's awareness in the marketplace and attract potential clients. This is not a client facing position, it's marketing the Upshot brand. The ideal candidate is an engaging and persuasive writer/storyteller. Is as comfortable crafting an award entry as they are a tweet. Has serious project management chops, a keen eye for detail and can juggle multiple tasks. The role is about 50% writing (mostly website content) and 50% project management (mostly managing awards process). So, if you have proven experience doing both, then we'd love to hear from you.Apply Here
Production Artist Designer
You've been a production artist for a couple of years and have all the nuances of keylining down pat, but you'd really like to try your hand at designing and art direction. Well then you're in luck because we're looking for folks to fill this hybrid role and be imbedded in a seamless team. While you'd be responsible for keylining within this group, you'd also be working with other art directors to help bring their vision to life and you'd definitely get a chance to show off your design chops. If your portfolio demonstrates your keylining prowess and design flair, then we'd love to hear from you.Apply Here